Do I have conviction or am I a legalist?



Yesterday my sister was wearing a gorgeous new designer T-shirt; at which I quickly lusted after. As it’s my birthday soon, she declared she would buy one for me. Explaining my new found conviction to ‘take up the pledge’ I sadly declined the offer. To which she protested that as she was buying it for me technically it would be second hand. This was confronting to me; am I on this band wagon to make a difference or to make a statement? Do I truly have conviction about the inequality of third world workers or am I looking for legalistic loopholes? I didn’t think I was a clothes junkie but  may be I am.
Detoxing slowly,
Keshena

1 comment:

  1. oh so hard! i had a similar problem with my love of band Ts. i didn't think it would be quite so hard to just say no, but it is. you can do it!

    ReplyDelete