Grieving retail therapy

It’s not that I need new clothes. But I’ve decided that I just love to shop.
Dumb. Superficial. Consumeristic. I am actually struggling with the lack of retail therapy.
Have I become so absorbed in the system that I cannot imagine life with a chance to scrummage through the discount racks? I do so enjoy a bargin. It seems such a part of my pysche; must be the 'gatherer' gene of every woman.
My husband came home today after buying a number of new clothes for a big trip he is going on. And instead of congratulating him on his finds (as I normally do) I found myself jealous that he had the freedom to just go to the shops and buy something.
Breaking the cycle is not as straightforward as I thought. Without retail therapy I might actually have to face what is irritating me. Haven’t actually made it that far yet as I have fallen deeply into chocolate therapy. At least it’s fairtrade I tell myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment